CCSD 46 FACILITY USE INFORMATION
The seven school buildings of Community Consolidated School District 46 (CCSD 46) are designed and operated to serve the interests of the entire community. Offering quality facilities to the outside community is positive proof of CCSD 46's dedication to a well-rounded educational program for all of its citizens.
All facility use requests are completed online. Please refer to the instructions below.
Creating an Account
The first step to make an online facility use request is to create an ML Schedules user account. You can do so by clicking the icon to the left. Be sure to complete all information fields and then click the submit button. If your registration was successful you will receive an e-mail confirmation. The links below will provide additional information if needed:
Reserving a Building
Once your account is created you can start making facilty reservations using ML Schedules. Click the icon to the left to reach the Log In screen. The quick start guide and video below will further explain the reservation process:
Checking Facility Availability
Click the calendar to the left to see if the facility you are requesting is available.
COMMUNITY CONSOLIDATED SCHOOL DISTRICT 46
BUILDING USAGE GUIDELINES
- PURPOSE AND PRINCIPLES
The seven school buildings of Community Consolidated School District 46 (CCSD 46) are designed and operated to serve the interests of the entire community. Offering quality facilities to the outside community is positive proof of CCSD 46's dedication to a well-rounded educational program for all of its citizens. The purpose of this manual is to define policy and procedures that facilitate efficient and equitable building usage. It is based on the following principles:
- First priority in scheduling activities beyond the school day will be given to programs offered by CCSD 46.
- Programs that offer cultural, charitable, philanthropic, religious, civic and recreational activities are essential in providing families with educational and social opportunities beyond the school day. Non-profit and government organizations serving these goals will receive preference in contractual agreements and scheduling.
- Organizations that offer educational programs on a for-profit basis are also welcome to enter into contractual agreements for building usage.
- Approval for building use by any outside agency shall be consistent with recognized needs and values for their intended use, and in conformity with state laws.
- The Operations & Maintenance Department will coordinate building usage applications, contracts, scheduling, cancellations, communication and billing. The Superintendent will have final authority for approval of building usage.
- RATIONAL FOR CLASSIFICATION FEES AND CHARGES
CLASS 1 - SCHOOL DISTRICT PROGRAMS:
No fees or charges since these functions are directly related to the normal operation of the school program.
CLASS 2 - SCHOOL SPONSORED PROGRAMS (Scouts, Brownies, etc.):
In most cases, no fees or charges when scheduled during times when custodians are scheduled to be in the building during the week. Charges for special events for Class 2 groups will be based on minimal operating cost for the use and operations of the program or activity. These costs are primarily for utilities. Use of special equipment, custodial support, or clean up fees may be billed as needed.
CLASS 3 - NON-PROFIT PROGRAMS (Churches, colleges, civic and service clubs):
Rental fees are to defray utilities and wear and tear of facilities. Use of special equipment, custodial support, or clean up fees may be billed as needed.
CLASS 4 - FOR-PROFIT PROGRAMS (Fee based programs and businesses):
Rental fees are to defray utilities and wear and tear of facilities and limited share of profits. Use of special equipment, custodial support, or clean up fees may be billed as needed.
Buildings will not be made available to private promoters.
Classrooms will not be available for rental.
- FEE SCHEDULE
Fee schedule will be determined according to the following table:
*Fees will be determined prior to rental.
Mon - Fri
Sat or Sun
Set up, clean up, or custodial fees if required
||School District Programs
||School Sponsored Programs
||$49.00 per hour
||*Open & Close Fee: $25.00 for Weekend Rental or after hours
||$30.00 per hour
||$50.00 per hour
(2 hour minimum)
|*Open & Close Fee: $25.00 for Weekend Rental or after hours
||$45.00 per hour
||$75.00 per hour
(2 hour minimum)
|*Open & Close Fee: $25.00 for Weekend Rental or after hours
- Normal hours of operation are as follows:
Mon - Fri > After school - 9:00 p.m.
Sat or Sun > 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- All Buildings will be closed on the holidays listed on CCSD 46's school calendar, which can be found on the district web page at http://www.d46.org.
- Refer to the chart above for rental fees on non-attendance days.
- All building usage will be cancelled on emergency days (i.e. weather related days).
Class 2, 3, and 4 fees are primarily for the cost of utilities (heat, water, lights) and do not include incidental custodial services, even though custodians are in the building during the course of their normal duties. Weekend rates reflect extra time required over and beyond the district's regular custodial schedule.
The above fee schedule does not include charges for rental of certain special equipment items or for extra service of assigned school personnel for their operation. School officials will determine special equipment fees based on renter requests and availability.
Events requiring the use of school kitchens must have a person that has a Lake County Food Service Certification. A refundable $200 clean-up deposit will be required and the deposit will be refunded after inspection determines that the kitchen space was left in pre-event condition.
APPLICATION SUBMISSIONS AND APPROVALS
Applications for building usage shall originate with responsible organizations or individuals representing them.
- Events in Class 1 and 2 shall be submitted to the building's office staff. The Principal in each building will approve or disapprove the event, then delegate entry of approved events on the district calendar to the appropriate staff. Building staff will contact individual groups to inform them of the status of their request. A copy of the application will then be forwarded to the Operations & Maintenance Coordinator Assistant. If any fees apply, the Operations & Maintenance Coordinator will bill the organization.
- Events in Class 3 and 4 shall be submitted to the Operations & Maintenance Coordinator Assistant who will approve/disapprove events and enter events on the district calendar. Upon approval, the Operations and Maintenance Coordinator Assistant will contact the organization to confirm and will bill any applicable fees.
Applications must be made on district's Building Usage Form. All conditions and requirements embodied in the application and corresponding permit, in addition to all other regulations pertaining thereto, become a part of the agreement between the User and the Board of Education.
Applications in all cases should be made at least ten (10) days in advance of the planned program or activity. When building personnel have approved an application, the applicant will be notified of the approval or disapproval. A copy of the application will be forwarded to the building's head custodian and to the Operations & Maintenance Coordinator Assistant. The Operations & Maintenance Coordinator Assistant reserves the right to cancel any requests approved by building personnel. After the completion date of the event, the Operations & Maintenance Coordinator Assistant will determine a final bill including any additional charges not contemplated or covered in the original agreement.
Applications filed during the period beginning July 1st through August 1st (for building usage during the regular school year) will be held for clearance until the first week in September. This will enable the Building Office Staff/Principal and the Operations & Maintenance Coordinator Assistant to reconcile applications and facilitate proper coordination for the use of the building facility.
Applications submitted by individuals or organizations (referred to as User) and approved by designated Building Office Staff will be considered to be a binding agreement with both parties.
Payment must be made to CCSD 46 in full within 30 days from the invoice date. Failure to make payments will result in termination of building usage until current on billing.
RULES AND REGULATIONS GOVERNING BUILDING USAGE
- The guiding principle relative to building usage by non-school parties will be the purpose of usage, the consistency with the aims and ideals of public education, and the welfare of the community.
- The User agrees to save and hold harmless CCSD 46 and agrees to assume responsibility for all liabilities arising incident to the occupancy of said building use, it being understood and agreed that the School District assumes no obligations respecting the use of such premises. The User will be required to provide a Certificate of Insurance naming Community Consolidated School District 46, Grayslake, IL as an "additional insured"; the coverage must provide for Comprehensive General Liability (Bodily Injury and Property Damage Combined - Single limit of $1,000,000.00), prior to use.
- Building facilities shall not be used unless a custodian or a person designated by the Operations & Maintenance Coordinator Assistant is on call in the District.
- The custodian will open rented areas; but will be assigned other regular duties. A $25.00 open/close fee will be applied to all weekend rentals.
- If a custodian is needed during the rental period, an additional charge of $25.00 per hour/per space will be applied.
- The building use fees are charged from the time the doors are opened to the time the cleanup is completed and doors are secured.
- Keys to the buildings shall be kept in possession of the custodian and will not be issued to any individual or group.
- The applicant is held responsible for the preservation of order and the protection of school property.
- The User shall be fully responsible for all damage or loss of school property, including that belonging to students or employees, occurring during the time the facilities are in use by the User.
- All State and local fire safety laws and regulations must be observed.
- When attendance or other conditions require the use of police, firemen or parking attendants, the User shall assume full responsibility for their assignments and pay for their services.
- All programs, performances or any usage of the school buildings must conclude before 9:00 p.m., unless authorization is received by the Building Principal and/or the Operations & Maintenance Coordinator Assistant to extend the time of usage.
- Gambling, drinking or possession of intoxicants, indecency in speech, action, dress or boisterousness in any form are prohibited in school buildings or on school property. Smoking is prohibited in all school buildings, parking areas and on school sites.
- The right of concessions and sale of food or drink remains with the school, and control of concessions rests with the school officials. No food or drink will be permitted in the gyms. In all other areas the Building Principal and/or the Operations & Maintenance Coordinator Assistant must grant specific permission for use of food or drink.
- The use of special equipment such as stage lighting, scenery, curtains, picture projectors, public address systems, folding goals, bleachers, etc., shall be permitted only when operated by employees or other persons authorized by the Building Principal and/or the Operations & Maintenance Assistant. Appropriate fees will be established in advance for the use of such equipment and for the services of operating.
- All materials used for decorative purposes must be approved in advance by the Operations & Maintenance Assistant.
- No furniture or equipment may be moved without express approval on the permit or consent of the Building Principal and/or the Operations & Maintenance Assistant.
- Applicants requesting modification or change in the arrangement of building usage and/or equipment shall first secure permission and shall bear the full expense of such move. Moving any piano from its regular position must be done by professional movers at the expense of the organization.
- Any decorations shall be erected in a manner that will not be destructive of school property, and the Operations & Maintenance Assistant shall approve such decorations. All decorations shall be removed from the building before 8:00 a.m. on the next day after the building has been used. No scenery or other stage properties belonging to Users may be stored in buildings.
- All materials used on floors for dancing purposes will be provided by the School District and applied by the custodian in charge. Proper gym shoes must be used for athletic contest and games.
- No groups of children or minors shall have access or use of facilities unless accompanied by a suitable number of adult supervisors.
- Groups with children must restrict their activity to the designated area (no playing is permitted in the public areas, i.e. corridors, restrooms and entries).
- The School District will remain impartial toward programs of a political nature and strive to give equal opportunity for use of school property to all political parties.
- The Board of Education or its representatives must have free access to all rooms at all times.
- All permits are subject to suspension by the Building Principal and/or the Operations & Maintenance Assistant for repeated or flagrant violations of the rules or non-payment of rental fees.
- Users that apply for CCSD 46 Building Usage for events that involve physical activity must have a person trained to use an Automatic Electronic Defibrillator on site at all times. Applications must include an AED Training Certificate for the person or persons, and a signed document indicating they will be present at all times during physical activities.