ARRIVAL & DISMISSAL PLAN
At this time, we would like to enlist the help of all parents and children regarding the very important topic of arrival and dismissal of school. For the safety of all of our children, it is critical that every parent and guardian read this information. Discussing and developing an understanding of these arrival and dismissal procedures should ensure a smoother transition for all Frederick students.
Children should arrive at school no earlier than 8:30 AM and will be dismissed from school promptly around 3:15 PM. The typical school day hours are from 8:45 AM - 3:15 PM.
For the sake of student safety, we ask your support and cooperation in following all guidelines:
- When you are waved forward or space becomes available ahead of you, please move up as far as possible. This will allow the lines to move much more quickly.
- Entering/exiting a vehicle should only occur when it stops completely.
- All students should be entering/exiting on the passenger side of the vehicle. This way, children will not walk in front of cars that could be moving.
- Please watch for pedestrians crossing at all times.
The small drive in front of the school (“boot”) is for moving traffic only; your vehicle should never be left unattended.
- The boot is for drop off only. Please use a parking space whenever you need to enter the building. The large parking lot adjacent to the district office will be used from after-school car riders.
- Vehicles should never be double parked.
- Point children in the right direction of the designated arrival area.
- Encourage children to ask an adult for assistance.
- All students will enter the building through the main entrance between 8:30 AM and 8:45 AM.
Bus riders will exit buses from the main parking lot and walk to the main entrance to enter school.
- The "Boot" is to be used if you plan to bring your child to school and is for moving traffic only. If you need to enter the building (even if only for a minute), please park your car in a parking space in the "Boot” or main parking lot.
Please Note: Students should not arrive at school prior to 8:30 AM as there is no supervision in place until this time.
Dismissal for students is at 3:15 PM.
- Bus riders will dismiss through the exit doors on the east side of the building to the bus lot.
- Students being picked up by car will be dismissed through exit doors on the west side of the building and are to be picked up in the main parking lot.
- For afternoon pick-up, vehicles will form two lines around the perimeter of the main parking lot and merge to a single lane just before the Student Loading Zone (Please see the image below).
- Please pull your vehicle as far forward as possible. The left lane in the Student Loading Zone must be kept clear so cars may exit the lot.
- For safety reasons, students will only be allowed to enter vehicles on the passenger side of the vehicle from the sidewalk area. Students will not be permitted to walk into the parking lot or along the south end of the parking lot to enter a vehicle.
- For safety reasons, Walkers must stay on the designated walking paths. Walking areas for Frederick School include; Avon on the Prairie, Estates of Eastlake, Quail Creek, Cherry Creek, Stratford-On-Avon.
- Walkers should keep their distance from ponds/retention ponds and must NEVER attempt to walk on frozen ponds in the winter months.
Home | District | Board of Education | Schools | Parents & Students | Staff | Community | Careers | Disclaimer
© 2022 Community Consolidated School District 46. All rights reserved.
Dr. Lynn Glickman, Superintendent
Paul Louis, Assistant Superintendent of Teaching, Learning & Assessment
Chris Wildman, Assistant Superintendent for Finance / Chief School Business Official
District Office: 565 Frederick Road, Grayslake, IL 60030 (847) 223-5340
Empowering learners, creating equity, cultivating community.
CCSD 46 provides opportunities that expand learning beyond our walls
so that all learners grow locally, connect globally, and excel universally.
CCSD 46 Mission and Vision Statements and Strategic Plan Goals